Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Perishers

The Swedish indie band The Perishers has caught my eye a few months back when I shamelessly started watching GREEK to get my fill of American culture, since I live Brazilian almost all day everyday. I know this has absolutely nothing to do with Brazil, Rio de Janeiro or my MBA, but since I discovered this band here in Rio de Janeiro, I feel that it is within the boundries of this blog to note.


The Perishers have actually been around since 1997 and have three albums released: From Nothing to One, Let There Be Morning, and Victorious. Among these albums, my favorite two songs have to be "There's Nothing Like You and I" and "My Heart." Their melodies are simple, nothing spectactular, but Ola Kluft's ,the lead singer, voice is hauntingly calming and sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment