Monday, February 22, 2010

Account for This

Tomorrow, written on my agenda in bold face letters and all caps is-- ACCOUNTING TEST. Lovely, seeing that I have still haven't studied for it yet. Sometimes, I wonder why I am doing my MBA at all. I am not the blase student that thinks about becoming a CEO or opening my own business to make an exorbantant income so, subsequently, I can buy a ton of cars, a huge house, and work myself to death, wishing that I had more time to do the things I always had wanted to do-no thanks! However, I am the business student thtat would like to live comfortably-possibly off of an internet based site that enables me to roam the world aimlessly, while still making bread to eat. Such a hippie, I know!

So in terms of Accounting, my life's Balance Sheet appears to be not a viable business, as it is: lossing short-term  and long-term assets, building up its accounts payable, while my perminent debits continue to be perminent. At a glance my life is a dying business, but thanks to the magic of interpretation I will show you that my life's Balance Sheet isn't delving into the depths of shutting down. One can't forget one very important area of the Balance Sheet: Investments. True, being abroad and going to school is diminishing my bank account, but we forgot to account for this, I am investing in the stock- the kind of stock with the best return in the world for me-myself.  When the economy crashes, my stock is still be replete with funds. So let's add the investments to the sheet now: fluency in another language, business skills, interpersonal skills, cultural emersion, time to decide what you love to do in life, new friends, exciting experiences, exotic tastes, self realization, and a MBA degree. When one tallies the sheet, it shows that my life's Balance Sheet is viable and strong.

Study time folks! Analyzing accounting ratios tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment