Monday, February 8, 2010

"I think, therefore, I am"

Existence Part I
Lately, I have been battling with the human dilemma: Why do I exist? What is the meaning of life? These aren't the typical thoughts of a 25 year old business student (as a side note, that is a completely different topic all together). These thoughts have been looming ever since I was born, but have resurfaced now. When I was a child, I was "saved" as a child of God. I repeated asked him into my heart. I would wake up in the morning and invite him again and again into the depts of my heart. That's what they told me to do at church- "invite Jesus into your heart and you will have everlasting life." I guess, I worried that he didn't hear me the first time, so I needed to ask him every day and every church service at the end when the preacher was really evanglizing and strumming the strings of, hopeless or scared to death of hell, people's hearts. I would pray the prayer of everlasting hope and life every time. Which one of those people was I or am I still? The person hoping for a better life or eternal life at the end or the person that is already happy, but scared to death of being banished to hell...

1 comment:

  1. I was just having a conversation about this topic the other day with some friends; well, the ideas of heaven and hell, and what that actually means to someone. Sounds like college roommate talk before going to sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete